Getting together to watch spooky movies with friends and family is one of the best parts of Halloween. Being as my birthday falls on Halloween, I get really excited about the season. So, let me suggest some of the best movies to watch on this magical full moon holiday.
1. Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas”
This is a personal favorite because there are sing-a-longs throughout the movie, it has a love story and well…THE BEST MOVIE EVER!
2. “Hocus Pocus”
“Hocus Pocus” will get you in quite the witchy mood just in time for the illuminating blue moon upon us on Saturday.
3. “Halloweentown” and “The Little Vampire”
“Halloweentown” and “The Little Vampire” are just classics and have been for recent generations.
Check out some more of my Halloween movie suggestions categorized by where you can watch (you’re welcome!):
- The Addams Family (1991) ******
- Sleepy Hollow (1999)
- Insidious (2010)
- The House at the End of the Street (2012)
- ParaNorman (2012)
- A Haunted House (2013)
- Cult of Chucky (2017)
- Hubie Halloween (2020)
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) *****
- Hocus Pocus (1993) *****
- James The Giant Peach (1996)
- Halloweentown (1998) *****
- Mom’s Got A Date With A Vampire (2000) *****
- The Haunted Mansion (2003)
- Twitches (2005)
- Frankenweenie (2012)
- Halloween (1978)
- Ghostbusters (1984)
- Beetlejuice (1998)
- The Little Vampire (2000) *****
- Corpse Bride (2005) *****
- Dark Shadows (2012)
Edited by Alivia Moore, Ryan Michaels & John H. Glenn